Services for Australians Overseas
What we can and cannot do
Please read the Consular Services Charter to see how we can and cannot assist Australians overseas.
All applications must be lodged in person and by appointment only at the Embassy in Zagreb.
Please visit the Australian Passports portal for more information on how to apply for a new passport or renew your passport, the rules and processes for getting a passport, urgent applications, you can resume or track your passport application, report your passport lost or stolen, and much more.
Passport fees must be paid by bank card only (Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron, VPay) in Croatian kuna. Fees may vary month to month, please click here for passport fees.
TEMPORARY PASSPORT ARRANGEMENTS FOR CLIENTS IN KOSOVO DURING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC
The Australian Embassy in Zagreb continues to offer passport services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
If there are restrictions preventing travel, you may apply for a temporary passport (valid for up to 12 months) by mail.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- A fully completed passport application form
- Two compliant passport photos
- Photocopy of your most recent passport (photo page only)
- B11 General Declaration form detailing the stay-at-home or travel restrictions in your city/country that prevent you from attending an interview
- Airline tickets or other evidence of travel (if travelling within 3 weeks)
- For clients submitting the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas form (e.g. child applications, first time applicants, replacement of lost/stolen passports), you should also include photocopies of all required documents including: proof of citizenship, birth certificates, name change documents (including for parents), and an ID combination (including proof of address). Please make sure you include a copy of both the front and back of each document.
PAYMENT OF PASSPORT FEE
Please contact the Embassy on +385 1 4891200 or email [email protected] to discuss payment options.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
Applications should be mailed to the Australian Embassy Zagreb, Centar Kaptol, Nova Ves 11/3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia and made to the attention of the Passport Office.
Once we receive your application, we will email you with the time and date of your interview which will be conducted online. Generally this will be within 1-2 business days of receiving your application.
PASSPORT FORMS AND INFORMATION
Please visit the Australian Passports portal for access to online forms, photograph guidelines, fees and much more.
Notarial services are offered in person and by appointment only at the Australian Embassy in Zagreb. Please visit smartraveller before booking an appointment to learn about the different types of notarial services we offer and requirements before we can perform them. Please bring your valid passport or ID card and the original documents to the appointment.
Notarial service fees must be paid by bank card only (Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron, VPay) in Croatian kuna. Fees may vary month to month, please click here for the fees schedule.
Book an appointment
Client counter hours are from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Monday to Friday.
For a list of public holidays scroll to the bottom of the following page: About Us
Appointments are required for passport and notarial services.
Other useful information
- Taxation issues
- Driver\'s licence and international driving permits
- Birth, marriage and death certificates
- Police clearances
- Marriage in Croatia. See also Marriage overseas
- Legal advice and legal aid
- Authentications and Apostilles
- Useful information and addresses in Croatia
- Dual nationality
- Translation Services in Croatia or translation services in Australia
- Travelling to Australia and want to know what you can take with you?
- Studying in Australia or Studying in Croatia
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.
Travel information for Australians
Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Subrscribe for updates with the free service which gives you the latest updates to the travel advice and news by email. You can also choose to receive an SMS for any critical alerts.
Consular Privacy Collection Statement
To read the Consular Privacy Collection Statement please click here